Monday, January 12, 2009

Introduction

This is my first post for EDM310 at South and also my first official class at South. I'm very excited about continuing my degree. Elementary Education is my major and I can hardly wait to graduate. I am looking forward to getting out of retail and starting a fulfilling and rewarding career as a teacher.

First, a little background info. I was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. I'm 33 years old, on my second marriage, and my wife and I have eight children between us. Literally, hers, mine, and ours. I had four children from my first marriage and she had three. We recently had a baby boy together. We've been married for a year and a half now.
My first job was the US Army. I served from August 1994 to January 1999. I was trained as a M1A1 tank crewman. I spent my entire enlistment stationed at the National Training Center in the Mojave desert in southern California. After leaving the Army I came back home to Alabama and I got into retail with Walmart for a few years. I left the retail sector to go to school. I attended Brownsville Revival School of Ministry in Pensacola, Florida. I felt like the LORD was calling me to preach. I graduated BRSM in 2003 with a degree in Pastoral Theology. The door never seemed to open for a position or maybe I did not push hard enough. Nonetheless, I then went back into retail, worked for Walmart again for a few years, and then started working for Target about three years ago.
I made up my mind to go back to school and become a teacher. Teaching has always come natural to me and I have a tremendous amount of patience. I started school the summer semester of 2007 and I am now half-way as of the beginning of spring semester 2009. I hope to be finished by the end of summer 2010.

That's all I've got for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment