Saturday, February 14, 2009

Past Casts

Following the assignment guidlines for this week I reviewed two podcasts from the EDM 310 fall 2008 class. The two I chose to preview were: Watchers and Listeners-How Do We Respond & Blogging and Teaching. The first podcast, Watchers and Listeners, was presented by: Dr. John Strange, John Hardman, Keri Ashworth, & Autumn Jordan. The second podcast, Blogging and Teaching, was presented by: Rachel Davis, Justin Tullis, & Myrenda Howze. I enjoyed the content of each podcast. The information was informative and current. Here's the link for those interested in listening to the podcasts: http://edm310fall08podcasts.blogspot.com/

Overall I would say that the podcasts were well done and very professionally presented. The students were knowledgable and each podcast seemed well thought out. However, there were two things I beleive that were drawbacks for the podcasts. The first was the lack of video to accompany the audio. Living in our visual age, I really beleive that video would be a great enhancer to these podcasts. The second issue I see is the length of the podcasts themselves. This I also noticed on the itunes podcast site. A lot of podcasts are quite long and I really question peoples ability to pay attention to them in their duration. A lot of young students today seem to have very short attention spans. I think people are better able to handle 5 to 10 minutes rather than 20 to 30 and up. Perhaps these issues will be evaluated going forward. There are qiute a few podcasts that are very well done at the link above and I encourage you to go and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment